Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Discovering that Life is Fun

It's the beginning of October and I am still enjoying every second of the new life I have created for myself.  I love my job, the people I work with and all the friends and memories I am making now each and every day. Making all of these changes has benefited more than me.  I think it has made a difference in the lives of the people I am around every day.  I smile all the time (a co-worker told me that recently) and I am just genuinely happy.  I can't remember the last time I was able to say that.  There was always something pulling me down and to not have that occurring on a daily basis is such a blessing in so many ways.

Workouts get a little harder to vary for me every day because I still don't know a lot about fitness.  So, I did the same weight stuff twice that week and then did a decent amount of cardio because I felt up to it.  That doesn't always happen.  Plus it was really humid and gross outside, especially for October so staying at the gym instead of going outside was actually appealing :)

The next day was going to be another busy one and I knew I wouldn't have time to get a workout in after school.  But, I didn't want to get in trouble again... so, I set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier than normal, got up and did 20 minutes of an at home workout.  I felt great when I was done and happy with myself.  I had an extra spring in my step that morning too because I had lost another 2 pounds.  I can't believe the weight just keeps coming off!  I guess doing it the right way, eating the right things, and doing the right kind of exercise really does pay off.  I know the last 50 or so pounds I want to lose are going to be the slowest ones to take off so I am okay with slow and steady.  Plus, I get to focus on all the other amazing things happening in my life and all the goals I want to set and eventually achieve in my life.

With all of the other changes I am making in my life, I decided to try a different / short hairstyle.  I don't feel like I've ever been able to pull something this short off before but I was so excited to give it a try (it's hair, it grows back) and I love the result!

I love how I want to be noticed.  I never used to enjoy that.  I wanted to just blend in and be the nice one in the background.  I also didn't feel like I had a reason to be noticed.  Now, I know I have so much to offer the world and it is such an amazing feeling.  I'm sure a lot of people always know that about themselves but, for me, it's taken awhile for me to figure that out.  Well, okay, years.  But, now that I have, I can't even begin to explain how good I feel.

If you didn't know me prior to January, I'm not sure you can imagine how much I have changed in such a short period of time.  It's crazy.  I take advantage of the time I have to exercise as my "me time".  My "me time" used to include sitting on the couch, watching TV and feeling sorry for myself.  I won't lie, I still sit on the couch and watch TV at times but that whole feeling sorry for myself thing is completely gone.  I get excited to go out and do things.  If it is with people I don't know very well, it'll still take me awhile to warm up to the situation.  But, the fact that I am going to different places and doing different things is a huge step.  And one I never want to stop making.

I know the good things will just keep happening and I can't wait to see what else is in store for me to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment