Monday, October 7, 2013

How I Feel About Mondays....And Other Things

The start of another week.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I used to dread Mondays.  I mean, I still don't enjoy getting up early.  I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination (just ask my mother) but now that I actually look forward to each day, it isn't quite as hard to get out of bed.  Remember, 8 months ago, I didn't want to leave the house.  I hated getting dressed in anything other than sweatpants and unless it involved seeing my nephew and nieces, I really wanted nothing to do with it.  So, to experience such a huge 180 in such a short time has been such a crazy feeling.  My whole life has changed in ways I can't even begin to describe.  My family sees me and, obviously they know where I started, they are ecstatic about the changes I have made.  Their love and support throughout all of this is one of the main reasons I've kept going.

She tells me to stop thanking her but I can say, without a doubt, I would not be where I am without Renee's support and friendship.  First of all, I would probably still be eating lean cuisine meals and not know what a garlic clove is.  Well, I still don't know what to do with it, but at least I know what it is!  I know there are countless other things I would still be a complete moron about if it weren't for her help.  But the biggest difference is our friendship and how many positive things she's helped me find in my life.

So, that Monday, I had to call the claims guy about the new leak.  I met him at my house midday and he started by telling me that I have the patience of a saint.  Deep down, I was definitely frustrated with all of this but, because everything else in my life is going so well, I just kept trying to not let it get me down.  After an hour of trying to figure out where the leak was coming from (and cutting a big hole in my basement ceiling), my patience paid off.  He figured out where it was coming from and said it was indirectly related to the first leak and would be fixed for free!! Guess being nice to people has some benefits.

My days were pretty normal at work and that Tuesday I went to another soccer game in the evening.  There were a couple of people there I hadn't seen in a long time and one of them said 'I used to know someone who looked just like you...'  and then congratulated me on all my changes.  What an amazing feeling.  Made me smile big time!

I have been wanting to try to walk/jog a 10K for awhile now but they are hard to find.  So, when I heard about one near where my parents live, I convinced my mom to sign up with me and I am actually looking forward to it.  Hey, I've already walked 13.1 miles.  I can do 6.2, right??

It's so fun to be looking for things to do and trying to keep busy.  I look forward to being active and achieving different milestones.  We're 9 months into the year and I can only be excited about and look forward to the next 3 months and beyond!


No comments:

Post a Comment