Saturday, November 2, 2013

More Accomplishments and Lessons Learned

I'm not real sure how to be creative with continuing with my story.  But, I'll try :)

So, I didn't lose any weight this week.  And it's okay.  I went to the gym on Thursday, did a weight workout and some sprinting on the elliptical.  It felt good.  As I was walking out, a lady that I see sometimes who is an aide for an autistic boy who swims every day stopped and said, You look AMAZING!!  I just smiled, said thank you and told her how much I needed to hear that today.  She said I inspired her - It's so weird to hear that.  I feel like I am just taking care of myself (finally) so when people give me compliments like that, it feels so strange but also makes me proud at the same time.  I really don't think I've ever been an inspiration to anyone.  I've just kinda floated my way through life.  Now, I feel like I have a place somewhere and I keep finding more ways to make life fun.

There are still so many things I want to accomplish and learn about myself.  So, as I think of things, I want to keep adding to the list I started in my blog about what can change in 9 months.

28.  Now that I'm happy, it is so much easier and so fun to be happy for someone else in my life.
29.  Happiness is contagious.  
30.  I now get described as bubbly - which is bizarre in so many ways
31.  Shopping is fun!
32.  I never could have imagined how good it feels to have my entire family in my corner, cheering for me and constantly saying how proud they are of me.
33.  It's fun to be in pictures again
34.  I can almost keep up with my 5 year old nephew when he's running - He's fast!!  
35.  Making exercise a priority means I make myself a priority - and everyone needs that!
36.  Anything I want to do, I should try.  I'll never know what I can do if I don't try
37.  When I stopped comparing myself to others, I figured out I'm a pretty awesome person just by being me.
38.  Real and true friendships are priceless - and the best gift I could ever receive in my life.  
39.  Renee' enjoys it when I'm sore - so I'm sure I'm in trouble if she ever makes me workout with her again.
40.  Food doesn't need to be a reward.  Feeling good, looking good and being in good health are much better rewards than food.  But I still enjoy the occasional cookie :)

I'm sure there's more but that's all I've got right now!

I have so much more energy than I ever thought I could.  For example, today, I got up, administered a test at school and, since I had time, I went for a walk before I had to leave for the special olympics swim meet.  The old me would have laid on the couch and slept.  

Each day, life just gets better.  When the year started, I was so down on myself and everything in my life.  In my wildest dreams, I never would have imagined how much of a transformation I would make in such a short time.  The funny thing is, I know I will continue to change and grow and I'm excited for every bit of it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment