Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 Year in Review - Part 2 :)

If you enjoyed the first part - here's the continuation :)  I feel like this one is going to be super long so I've decided to divide the second part in to two entries.  So, here's July, August and September.

July - Amazing month in so many ways!  I'll start from the beginning. 

My sister and I were able to spend an evening together which was awesome.  We don't get to do that very often.  Life just gets in the way.  She had been wanting to celebrate my 50 pound weight loss so, for the first time in several years, I went to a Reds game with her.  It wasn't the best night, weather wise, but we had fun and enjoyed just hanging out together.  We got dinner beforehand and it was amazing to me how I wasn't tired walking up all the steps to our seats.  At that time I was up to (I think) 61 pounds.  That extra weight really does make a difference!
 Although I don't have a picture to post, one of my favorite moments was the day we left for our annual family vacation.  Lots of reasons, I mean it is vacation!  But, one in particular was the best.  I hadn't seen Renee' in almost 2 months so I asked her if I could stop by real quick on my way to my parents house to head out of town.  She was fine with it and her reaction to me was so fun!  I walked in and there were athletes there finishing a session and they kinda looked at me strange but then she turned around and saw me and gave me a hug.  It was fun to see her and show her how different I looked.  It was such a fun morning and started my vacation off in the perfect way.  

Going to my Aunt Moe's for a few days was awesome.  She has a ton of land and it was fun to go out and run around with the kids.  When I've been there before, I've never had that much energy to be outside.  Plus, my aunt said she hardly recognized me, so that was awesome too!  I made my dad take this picture of me on my aunt's back deck so I could show off the first time I wore a sundress in I couldn't even tell you how many years :)
As I said in previous entries, our whole vacation was amazing.  I was on the beach, chasing the kids around, riding on the waves and just having a blast.  Playing pool volleyball, laying on rafts, etc.  The picture below was taken on Tuesday night during our vacation.  This was the night before my phone interview for my new job.  I was a little nervous but at the same time I was so excited.  Plus, I was at the beach - Who wouldn't be happy?? :)
The rest of the month was a whirlwind.  I accepted the job while on vacation so I spent the rest of July cleaning out my office at my old job, bringing things to my new job, buying clothes and spending some time with my nieces and nephew and the rest of my family.  Buying new clothes was the best.  Seeing how good I looked and the sizes and styles I was able (and willing) to buy - I can't even begin to describe that feeling.

August - Another month of so much change and fun things.

I started my new job on August 2nd.  Right away I felt at home and knew I had made the right decision.  As I spent the first week adjusting to all the new parts of my job and getting acclimated, I was feeling more positive and excited than I had in a long time.  I got to spend the evening on Saturday with my family and they made me a special drink in a special glass....
I think one of my favorite parts of the month was hitting the 75 pound mark.  It happened the first week we had students and I was able to get a picture of myself in my Indians shirt with a huge smile.  I couldn't believe how amazing it felt to know I was finally in the right place with so many things in my life.
As the month came to a close, I was nearing my next weight loss goal of 80 pounds.  As I continued to write that number, I started to realize how much I had accomplished since January.  It was (and still is) an unbelievable feeling.  

September - A couple of huge milestones!

The first week of September was a good one.  Okay, that's an understatement but we'll go with it.  I got up on September 5th and proceeded to my bathroom to weigh myself.  I never thought I would actually see the number I wanted to see but I did.  201 pounds.  I had officially lost 80 pounds!!  I didn't get this picture until a couple of days later but there is another significance to it - The t-shirt I am wearing is one I bought in Cancun at my cousin's wedding almost 5 years ago.  I'm not sure I've worn it more than twice.  I found it while I was cleaning all of my clothes out and it felt like an early Christmas present!
I thought, maybe, the next week I would finally get under 200 pounds.  But, my body had other ideas.  I lost a pound so I was at exactly 200 pounds.  I was a little disappointed but just more determined.  And, what Renee' said made me smile even more.  This week was the last time I would weigh in the 200's, ever!  

So, the next week I knew I would get under 200.  I just wasn't sure how much.  When I stepped on the scale that Thursday morning, I definitely cried.  198.  I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw that number on the scale.  I felt excited, exhilarated and so many other emotions that I can't even describe them.  Maybe the smile on my face will give you an idea - 
As the month went on, I realized how happy I was on a daily basis.  It's so funny to me how so many things have changed gradually and I can't really pinpoint a time when they truly changed for the better.  

Amazing how a friendship with one person and the best support system in the world has been able to completely change my life.  Yes, I've had a big role in it, but Renee's guidance and willingness to laugh with me has made this whole process so much more fun and easier to go through.  And the support of my friends and family continues to be one of my biggest sources of strength.

Friends give us the courage to lift the blinds on our hearts, to open up and show what we generally keep hidden from the world.

Family isn't always blood.  It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for you, for who you are.  The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who LOVE YOU no matter what.


In case you're anxious, I'll start working on part 3 soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment