Monday, December 30, 2013

Celebrating 2013 and Welcoming 2014!

Where do I start?  When 2013 started, I never could have imagined it would be the absolute best year of my life.  I mean, a year ago, I was crying as I was taking down the Christmas tree, not wanting to go back to work and feeling like my sister was taking pity on me by inviting me up to her house for New Year's Eve.  Today, well, I haven't taken the Christmas tree down yet (maybe Thursday) but when I do I won't be crying, I won't mind going back to work on Monday (well, except for that whole alarm clock and packing my lunch thing) and I am so excited to spend New Year's day with some family and friends.  Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I am completely okay with sitting on the couch in my pjs.  (After I spend some time with my mama).  Yes, I'm old.  But it's okay :)

It's hard to remember everything I have achieved and accomplished this year.  But, I'm going to try.  Renee' is big on me writing down what I've accomplished.  I'm not real good at patting myself on the back.  But, here goes nothing! I'm going to try to go in chronological order.  We'll see how well my rainman memory does with this! 

1.  Trusting someone I'd never met before - right from the start.
2.  Throwing away all of my comfort food
3.  Going grocery shopping and looking for food I've never heard of - and finding it!
4.  Cooking without using the microwave
5.  Staying away from cookies, donuts, candy and everything else people like to give to those of us who work in education.
6.  Going to the gym for the first time in a long time - and going back
7.  Not letting getting sick stop me.
8.  Trying yoga - and realizing I am not that flexible
9.  Learning there's something called a healthy cookie...
10. March 7, 2013 - Surpassing my first weight loss goal.  At this point I had lost 22 pounds in about 6 weeks.  And I was 2 weeks ahead of my goal date.
11. Agreeing to participate in "Kiss the Pig".  If you know me, and know what this is all about, you know that was an adventure for me!
12. Volunteering for a wonderful organization and going by myself (and actually talking to people)
13. Enjoying my birthday but not going overboard with treats
14. Buying a large shirt for the first time in a very long time
15. Participating in boot camp for the first time - and going back
16. Accomplishing my next goal of losing 15 pounds before the flying pig.  Actually, I lost an additional 17 for a total of 38 on May 3, 2013.
17. Walking 13.1 miles (Flying Pig), finishing in well under 4 hours and feeling good afterwards.
18. Seeing the changes in my body and being so excited and happy.  In ways I can't even begin to describe.
19. Buying a swimsuit in a size 16 (and in the regular misses' section)
20.  Shopping for pants and walking right by the plus size section.
21. May 30, 2013 - Stepping on the scale, and realizing I had officially lost 50 pounds!  And I had done it in 4 months!
22. Wearing an old dress for graduation - and feeling amazing in it.
23. Going to lunch at a restaurant by myself and not feeling (completely) out of place.
24. Joining a book club and going to dinner with a group of people when I only knew one of them.
25. Jogging/walking for the first time and not falling over
26. Applying for a new job.
27. Going to a cookout and not going crazy with food.
28. Buying new clothes for vacation
29. Getting hired at the job I applied for.
30. Buying all new clothes for the start of the school year.
31. August 22, 2013 - Reaching my goal of 75 lbs lost. 
32. Starting this blog - and finding out people enjoy reading it.
33. September 5, 2013 - Reaching my goal of 80 lbs lost - And then deciding it was a good idea to workout with Renee'....just kidding - it was fun - but I almost cried when she told me I had to do 80 reps of everything.... and then I survived - the end :)
34. September 13, 2013 - Going to the doctor, having her congratulate me on all my weight loss and just being happy for me.
35. September 20, 2013 - Weighing in at 198 pounds - I had lost 83 pounds and there was a 1 in front of my weight for the first time in at least 7 years.
36. Running in my first 5K - and finishing in 34:59!!
37. Running in my first 10K - and finishing in an hour and 14 minutes!
38. Crossing the 90 lbs lost mark - actually 91
39. Ordering a salad from Wendy's and nothing else.  Even though a frosty and french fries sounded good at the time.
40. Starting boot camp again and being able to do so much more than I could in May.
41. Reaching a plateau and fighting my way through it - I still am.  But I will be stronger because of it
42. Indulging on Thanksgiving - and then going right back to the way I always eat the next day
43. Realizing changing up my food really does make a difference
44.  Reaching the 95 lbs lost mark.  And starting my countdown (or up, depending on how you look at it..) to 100 :)
45. Enjoying the holidays with my family, being happy, indulging a little and realizing that this has been the most incredible year I could have ever asked for.  Thanks Renee'.  (I'll get in trouble for that...but it's okay)

I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for me!

Approach the new year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment