Thursday, December 26, 2013

Strength - In Many Ways

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.

I have to believe this is true.  If I didn't, I don't think I would have survived the last few years.  I never understood why I was picked to be a person that felt like the world dumped a bunch of crap on me.  But, in the end, I'm not sure it really matters.

Strength can mean so many different things to various people.  There's physical strength, emotional strength, etc.  I believe I've gained both this year but my emotional strength has grown by leaps and bounds simply by finding people who believe in me and want to be a part of my life.  It's really amazing what can happen when you find that in your life.

As I've gone through the last 11 months, I've slowly realized that not everyone has the support system I have or the access to various friends and resources to find help.  So, I have to assume that part of the reason I was given this life is because someone knew I was strong enough to find my way through it.  I still don't completely understand why.  Heck, I may not ever understand why.  But, deep down, I know that I was and am strong enough to come through all of this with flying colors and with a bright future on the other side.

Although I've often questioned why I was given so many obstacles in life, I know other people have difficult situations to go through that I might not ever understand or have to go through.  Every single person experiences a different walk through life.  For such a long time, I was so focused on anything and everything that was wrong with my life.  I couldn't see all the blessings I have.  Of which there are many!

When I left my parents house last night, I realized just how much I have changed and how much strength I've found in myself in the last 11 months.  And I loved that my mom said the exact thing I was thinking when I gave her a hug good bye.  Last year, I left there in tears.  This year, I left smiling, happy and looking forward to the rest of the break.  She told me how proud she and my dad were of me and the amazing year I've had.  I'm not sure she'll ever know how much that meant to me.

When you find yourself, and all of the strength that is within you, it will be amazing.  I believe this is a lifelong process.  It's hard to completely comprehend all of the strength I've found in myself this year.  When you find people who believe in you and push you to be at your best, you'll often find the strength comes pouring out of you.  Why?  Because if/when you fall down, you know, without a doubt, there will be people there to help you pick up the pieces and move onward and upward.  It's crazy to me how much having strength is about having people in your corner.  For a long time, I really only had that with my family and one or two friends.  Now, I have that with more people than I can count.  It feels amazing.  And so does realizing that I am strong enough to find my way through all of the obstacles put in front of me.  

Mom, Dad, Andy, Ang, Kristin, Seth, Kim, Renee', Lindsey, Mere and so many more people than I can list here - This is for you:

When something bad happens you have three choices.  You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.



Thank you for helping me realize how much strength I have and being such a wonderful, important part of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment