Friday, December 20, 2013

Tell Yourself... :)

I saw this and I loved it.  If you can't tell, I love quotes :)

Tell Yourself:

Everything will work out

When you are struggling through something, this is often hard to believe.  But, you just have to believe that all things happen for a reason and that it will all work out the way it is supposed to.  You can definitely try to change the outcome of situations.  But, at some point, you may have to accept what is happening.  At that point, just have faith that it will work out the way it is supposed to.  Once you come to that conclusion and accept it, you'll be a few steps ahead of the rest of the world.

Things will get better

When things aren't going well, it's hard to believe that they will ever get better.  I've been there.  More times than I can count.  We all have bad days, tough moments or difficult situations where it feels like nothing good will ever happen.  I still have that happen.  The funny thing is, because I try to find the positive side of everything, it doesn't happen very often.  Probably not the best example, but, take cooking.  I suck at it.  Hey, why sugarcoat it??  If I really let it get to me, I would probably think it will never get better.  Instead, I just keep trying and I laugh at myself on a regular basis.  Without that, I would still have a lot of negative things in my life.  If I didn't believe that things would get better, I wouldn't have been able to change my life in so many amazing ways this year.

You are important

Take time for yourself.  I still do.  If you don't take of yourself, nothing else will work in your life.   Sometimes, my time to myself is my work out.  Other days, it's my time laying on the couch in my pj's watching TV.  Well, more times than not, I get a decent amount of alone time doing the latter.  But, it's part of what I need to be the best version of myself I can find.  Even if you can only find 10 minutes a day, take it.  Do something for yourself.  You won't regret it.  I promise.

You are worthy of great things

This is something I really struggled to believe for a long time.  I think that's why I avoided all kinds of social situations for so long.  I never thought anyone wanted to be around me.  Now, I know I completely deserve all of the amazing things that have happened to me this year.  And all of the great things that are still waiting in the wings.  What a gift I have been given.  I could never repay a certain someone for helping me find that inside myself.

You are loveable

For years, I thought my family just tolerated me.  I never thought I had anything to offer.  As you know, my nephew and nieces are my world.  When I was at my lowest, I struggled to believe that they really loved being around me.  As I came out of my funk, I figured out that my family loved me.  That there were so many reasons they loved me.  That I was (and still am) an amazing aunt.  Those kids are my world and they always will be, no matter what.  They are a huge piece of the reason I figured out that I am worthy of being loved.  

The time is now

Seize the day.  Don't tell yourself you will do it tomorrow.  It's too easy to just keep putting it off.  I'm not just talking about losing weight.  I'm talking about anything that you know you need to do but just haven't done yet.  I used to be the poster child for avoidance.  In a few ways, I still am.  But, every day I get better and I just choose to do things that are a little scary to me.  I still have a long ways to go but if I hadn't taken that initial step back in January, I never would have made so many amazing steps in my life.

This too, shall pass

The bad stuff will stop.  Sometimes you have to walk away from situations or people that you are used to having in your life to make it stop.  For me, I had to get myself out of some toxic situations / environments / etc to truly realize that the above is true.  Once you put yourself in a more positive situation and surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you, the bad stuff will be less and less until it happens so infrequently, you won't know what to do with yourself!

You can be who you really are

If people don't like you for you are, it's their loss.  Everyone is not going to like you.  Or want to be your friend.  Find people who like/love/respect you for you are and you will find yourself very quickly.  It's so fun to be yourself.  I have definitely discovered the best version of myself.  Most of it I don't think I knew existed until this year.

The best is yet to come

Life is a complete mystery.  We never know what will come our way.  Sometimes that can be scary.  I used to think so.  But, when you have faith in the choices you make in life, you'll know the best things are still waiting in the wings for you.  Although I'm not sure what they are, I know there will be so many wonderful things to enjoy in the days, weeks, months and years to come.  

We believe what we tell ourselves

OMG - so true.  I used to tell myself nothing but bad things.  Now, I tell myself I am a great person.  That I have amazing people by my side.  That I have a lot to offer the world.  Now that I tell myself so many positive things, it is so easy to be happy.  Don't say horrible things about yourself.  It will only bring your self-esteem down.  Tell yourself what you want to hear.  When you start doing that, your life will turn around in ways you never could have imagined.

In short - life is a gift.  Unwrap it at your own pace and you will find so many amazing things waiting for you.  I can't wait to see what's ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment