Friday, January 17, 2014

A Couple of Thoughts :)

A year ago yesterday, I told my brother I was willing to meet with this person he knew who might be able to help me with my weight loss and nutrition.  I was more than nervous even just sending an email.  A year ago, I worried so much about what people thought of me.  And it was like pulling permanent teeth out of my mouth to get me to go meet someone new, let alone talk to someone by myself.  It took more than every ounce of courage in me to send that email.  Not because I didn't want to get better.  But, because it was really just that difficult for me to imagine that anyone would want to talk to me or help me.  Little did I know, sending that email was the beginning of a year I will never forget.

With that, and as I keep reflecting on the past year, below are some quotes I've seen recently that I really like.  So, here's what they mean to me :)

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.

I find this to be so incredibly true.  Even when I was at my lowest, I would try to find joy in the one thing that made me happy - my nieces and nephew.  I can honestly say, although I enjoy every second I spend with them, that joy didn't burn out the pain.  It masked it for a little while.  So, I think what this really means is finding yourself and figuring out all the things that bring you joy.  If you find happiness, you'll find that the pain slowly starts to dissipate.  I don't remember when I started to feel happier on a daily basis.  I think it was kinda gradual.  Slowly, the pain and sadness I felt every day started to lessen.  I began to smile more.  I laughed at myself and with others.  I went out in the world a little bit at a time.  And so many other things.  Finding happiness inside myself is the greatest gift I've ever been given.  I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it feels to not be in emotional pain every day.  Take a minute...Look for the joy in your life.  You'll find it.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Throughout the last year, I've progressively changed the way I think.  I don't focus on what I don't have.  I focus on all the blessings I have in my life and how I can help others.  That's always been a big part of who I am but somewhere I lost my patience, my happiness and so many other things.  As the months have gone on, I've learned how much I was missing out on by always having negative thoughts.  As I've figured out how to think positively in every aspect of my life, my world has completely changed.  I have so many wonderful people around me and they bring out the best in me each and every day.  I have so much more patience with my nieces and nephew, I love playing games with them and I just love being an active part of their lives.  My world changes every day and I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

I think this kinda speaks for itself and is definitely one the best quotes I've ever read.  The most beautiful parts of my life aren't necessarily things that people can see.  At least not in a physical sense.  The happiness and joy I have inside of myself is the best thing ever.  And every day I can feel it making my heart just a little fuller and a whole lot happier.  Find your happiness - it will make you feel like a new person - and you won't regret a second of it!

Strong people don't put others down.  They lift them up.


You know who you are :)  Thank you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment