Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Resolutions/Goals for 2014

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.

So, I figure if I write these down, then I have to keep them to the best of my ability, right?  2013 was such a crazy amazing year for me.  When it started, I didn't think it would be.  A month in, I was starting to have a really good feeling.  My goals kept me going throughout the year.  So, I think if I want to have another unbelievable year, I need to have some goals to shoot for.  I'm struggling to come up with some but here's the best I've got -


Reach 100 lbs lost by the end of February
I am so close and I hope it won't take me this long to get there but with how much my weight loss has slowed down (I think I am building more muscle now), I want to give myself time to reach this goal. 

Be able to do at least 5 regular push-ups by the end of March
I hate push-ups.  Partially because I don't have much upper body strength.  However, I have gotten progressively stronger throughout the last year.  I used to not even be able to do 5 push-ups on my knees, let alone entertain the thought of being in the regular push-up position without falling over in the first 5 seconds. So, needless to say, I get excited every time I am able to do one more than I could before.  I am up to 20-25 without stopping to rest.  My arms still get fatigued which is why if I want to do more, I split them up into sets.  I can actually hold the regular push-up position for about 10 seconds now so hopefully I can accomplish this in the next 3 months.  If not, I will keep going until I do :)

Find one or two 5K's to help me train for the 10K that I can run by the end of March
I hate the cold.  Especially right now.  But, just in case it isn't too warm in May (it happens), I need to get outside and run so this is a way for me to force myself to get outside.  I'm thinking about the Heart Mini 5K but I'm going to look closer to me as well and see what I can find.

Find a person (or more) to train by the end of April
I have no idea how I'm going to do this.  If you know someone, send them my way.  Guess I'll figure it out, right??

Run the Flying Pig 10k in May
I really don't think I was 100% ready for the 10K I ran last October.  So, my goal is to run the majority of the 10K in May.  I've been told the course isn't too hilly.  That's a good thing for me!  My biggest goal is to finish with a better time than I had in October.

Run another 10K in September/October (with a better time than May)
For right now, I think 6.2 miles is a good distance for me.  Running isn't my favorite thing in the world but I know it's good for me to do a few times a week.  So, I am going to stick with this distance and just try to get a little faster each time I run a race.

Reach my goal weight by December 31, 2014
This will consist of small goals throughout the year.  Once I hit 181 (100 pounds lost), I will probably go for 10 lb goals.  I am pretty sure I want to be somewhere between 140 and 150.  I think that would be a pretty healthy weight.  But, I'll see how I feel when I get there.  Love that I am saying when, not if.  :)

Plan a fun trip in celebration of reaching my final weight loss goal
I can guarantee this will include a beach somewhere.  Just don't know when or where.  Just a time to celebrate all I've accomplished.  I think I deserve it :)

The last one isn't measurable but I want to keep finding ways to continue becoming more comfortable in different social situations.  Every day I get a little better.  In some ways, I think it's like ripping a band-aid off every time I do something I'm not very comfortable with.  I think this is one of the hardest parts of "me" I have to overcome to completely find the life that I want for myself.  And I will get there.  Just slowly.

Success will be within your reach only when you start reaching out for it





No comments:

Post a Comment