Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finding Confidence

I've written a lot about self-confidence and how that is something that has been such a struggle for me throughout my life.  It's been such a big part of the whole adventure I've been on to find myself.  

I have people ask me questions all the time.  I've written about that before.  I love it.  I am a completely open book about all of this.  I've even admitted on this blog that I've struggled with depression.  It's a big part of what brought me to my breaking point in January of 2013.  And it's a daily struggle.  Sometimes the smallest thing and set me back.  But, I can also climb right back out of that "hole" pretty fast.  I feel blessed that I've been able to figure out how to do that.

So much of this has to do with confidence.  In myself, in my family, in my friends and just people in general.  I have a difficult time trusting people.  I think my trust has just been broken too many times.  But, as I've figured out that the whole world isn't out to get me, I have more faith in people.  And I trust just a little easier with each day that passes because I have more faith in myself.

Another big part of that confidence has been sharing my story.  Sharing what I've learned.  What I continue to learn every day.  I learn things about myself, the world, exercise, and, of course, food.  I don't think I will EVER understand cooking.  It's way too complicated for me :)  But, that's another story.  

Throughout this adventure (and as it continues), I want to pay forward everything Renee' has done for me.  Especially since I'm not allowed to say thank you.  I think I am finally getting the chance to do that.  Over the last few weeks I've had a couple of people ask me for suggestions or little tips on things they can do to live a healthier lifestyle.  Every time someone asks me those types of questions, it surprises me.  I mean, clearly I am not an expert.  

But, I can relate.  I am someone who has been there.  More than once.  And it helps me stay on track when other people ask me to help them.  Allows me to remember (more than I already do), everything that I've done.  All I've accomplished.  And how much more is waiting out there for me. 

Helping others has boosted my confidence even more.  The fact that people turn to me for advice lets me see that there are so many things I am doing right.  It makes me feel successful in more ways that I can list.  And, best of all, it makes me happy that I can offer the kind of help to someone else that has been such an integral part of all my success over the last year and a half.  And, out of everything that happens in life, happiness is the most precious gift.  

To everyone who is, and continues to be, a huge part of my happiness, thank you.  My life wouldn't be what it is without all of you.  Thanks for helping me find the confidence I've been hiding for so long.  It's truly the greatest feeling.  I can't even begin to describe it.

This quote seems to describe perfectly how I feel about so many people in my life - 

Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers, and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don't see it in yourself.

Until next time - 

Amanda :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment