Saturday, March 1, 2014

Update on My Goals/Resolutions for 2014

Set your goals high and don't stop til you get there

So, when I originally wrote these 2 months ago, I said that if I write them down it might keep me somewhat accountable.  So, that's what I'm trying to do.  Here's an update on where I stand with my goals for 2014.  This year has started off great and I can't wait to see what else it holds for me.

Reach 100 lbs lost by the end of February
So, this didn't happen.  But, it's okay.  I have really hit a big plateau with my weight loss.  I've been sitting at 97 pounds lost for the last 6 weeks or so.  Not too shabby if you ask me!  At the moment Renee' is trying to help me shock my body and change up my workout routine.  I don't know yet if it is working since we've only been working on it for a week or so but I'm giving it my best shot.  And, given how my arms feel today, I would say something is being shocked in my body even if it isn't related to weight loss...  Right now, I've set a goal of reaching 100 pounds lost by the end of March.  I'd love it if it became an amazing birthday present to myself at the end of the month (or sooner).  But, if it doesn't happen, I'll keep working at it because I know something will eventually give and start working.

Be able to do at least 5 regular push-ups by the end of March
Hold on, let me check on something.  Okay, yep, I still hate push ups.  But, I'm getting close to this goal.  I can do about 3.  I don't get very close to the ground but I am excited that I can actually hold myself up for that long.  I think 5 by the end of the month is going to be doable.  At least I hope so.  I have a feeling someone will make me reach that goal come hell or high water.  I'll keep you posted.  

Find one or two 5K's to help me train for the 10K that I can run by the end of March
Anyone who knows what this winter has been like will understand why I haven't been able to do this yet.  I still want to find at least one 5k to run before the pig but I might wait until early April.  I'm actively looking for one that doesn't require me to drive downtown.  But, if I'm going to have any success with it, I've got to be able to get outside to run a little.  Here's hoping that this winter storm is the last of the season!!

Find a person (or more) to train by the end of April
Haven't figured this one out yet.  But, I've still got a couple of months, right?

Run the Flying Pig 10k in May
Well, I registered for it!  I figured if I spent the money I couldn't back out, right?  So, now I just need winter to go away so I can start training for it.  I did manage to run the equivalent of a 5K on the treadmill one time in the last two months in 34 minutes.  I was pretty proud of myself.  But I know running outside and adding another 3.1 miles is a completely different beast.  I also know I won't be running the whole thing.  But, I'm excited for the challenge.  

Run another 10K in September/October (with a better time than May)
I've got time for this one.  I still think 6.2 miles is a good distance for me.  I'm sure I will be able to find a race.  Maybe even the same one I tried to run last year.

Reach my goal weight by December 31, 2014
With the plateau I've hit, I have no idea if this is realistic but I'm going to keep it as a goal for now.  As the months go on, I'll have a better idea of whether or not this is realistic.  Even if it isn't, I will make a goal for the end of the year and then keep going for my ultimate goal at whatever pace is practical and healthy.

Plan a fun trip in celebration of reaching my final weight loss goal
I originally said this would involve a beach somewhere.  It still might.  But, it might also just be to head to a place I've never been.  I love to travel and I love seeing new places.  There are many places I've never been and I think getting to see one or two of those places would be an amazing reward to give myself.  

Thanks for reading and helping me hold myself accountable!


Success is steady progress toward one's personal goals

No comments:

Post a Comment