Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Week Away From the Gym - Part 1

It's not much of a secret that I've been frustrated with my lack of weight loss over the last couple of months. Not frustrated with anyone, just my body.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am still so incredibly proud of myself that I've lost 97 pounds and I will never stop celebrating that.  At the same time, I have goals that I want to accomplish and I just feel like I'm in a bit of a rut.  In lots of ways.  Always doing the same thing when working out on my own and just kind of not having a lot of motivation to go to the gym and work out despite knowing all the benefits it has and how good I feel when I get done.  I still make myself go, but, if I'm being honest with myself, I would say I'm not always giving it 100%. 

Renee' could tell I've been feeling frustrated about some stuff.  She can read me pretty well.  Actually really well.  So, we talked for awhile on Monday night and what she said made total sense to me, I just never would have thought of it on my own.  For over a year, I've been really consistent with working out.  Honestly, the only times I have ever taken a break is when I've been sick (even then I try to take just a day or two, depending on how my energy level is) or when I was on vacation last summer, even though I was still running around and being active.  When I really thought about it, I realized how much my body has cooperated with me over the last year and how it's probably finally saying, hold on, let's give it a rest.  So, Renee' and I decided that I would take the week off from the gym.  Weird, right?  I mean, after all, I'm still trying to lose weight and accomplish other fitness goals.  But, it made sense to me that maybe my body was telling me to rest.  And that, maybe, when I go back to working out next week, it will shock my body.  Since the boot camp workout is always different (and I really like it), I was still going to that on Tuesday and Thursday.  

What am I supposed to do on the other days?  This is where Renee' knows me even better than I know myself.... she said I had to make a plan on what I was going to do to be active over the next 7 days but not really "workout".  Oh goody - Can you sense my excitement?  Actually, deep down, I was excited but I am not the best at thinking outside the box.  I'm so not good at new and different stuff.  Or being creative (except when it comes to pictures and scrapbooking).  I like my little routine.  But, obviously, it wasn't getting me the results that I wanted so I sat down (actually, I was already sitting down...) and tried to think of some different things I could try.

I managed to come up with a couple of different things (that mostly included walking...told you, not creative).  I should have known better than to think I would get away with just that for seven days.  Plus, it's freezing here and all the sidewalks are covered with snow so we both knew I wouldn't be walking every day.... Of course she said I should try yoga.  I am not flexible enough for that.  But, I thought maybe I could try a DVD... She had something else in mind...She said I should go to a class.  Or try a Zumba class.  Huh?  I have to go somewhere?  I wasn't sure how I felt about that.... And, of course, she knows that about me.... 

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my week long adventure.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment