Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Can't Think of a Title...but here ya go!

Challenge yourself with something you know you could never do, and what you'll find is you can overcome anything.

If I'm being honest - which is what I'm trying to do in this blog - if someone had asked me a year ago what I wanted out of life, I don't think I would have had an answer.  Or my response would have been something to the effect of, figure out why I get the crappy end of everything that happens in the world.  Yep, that was my mindset a year ago.  It's hard for me to admit that, write about it and, amazingly enough, remember how it felt.  I'd get home from work, lay on the couch, watch TV and usually fall asleep.  I just didn't feel like I had anything to be happy about.

So, if you had asked me to challenge myself a year ago, I would have told you anything that required leaving my house would be a challenge for me.  Believe me, I am the first one to shake my head in disbelief at the fact that I have lost 92 pounds in the last 9 months.  In addition, I have started to face some of my biggest fears and forced myself to be in more social situations than I ever thought possible.  I would definitely consider that to be a huge challenge for me and something I never thought I could do.  It took a lot of pushing and encouraging from a couple of really awesome people.  But, the above quote is true when it says you'll find you can overcome anything.  As I started to put myself out there, these situations got less and less scary.  I developed confidence I didn't know I had.  What a fun feeling.  I'm still working on it but, when you overcome something, it really does make you feel like a new person.

We all like being in our comfort zones.  I think I may be an exception to that rule - I love mine.  I don't like to be in any situation where I don't know someone.  Even when I know someone, there are lots of times I still won't say more than 10 words.  An example, I've been going to this boot camp with Renee' for awhile and it's still rare if she gets me to say more than 10 or 15 words unless I'm talking to her or my sister.  But, know what?  Me joining the group, if you remember from a previous entry, is something I never thought I would do.  

I feel like this quote summarizes my life over the last (almost) year.  I'm having fun and enjoying life in ways I never thought possible.  I have a great job and work with the best people.  My family is amazing in so many ways and I have the best friends in the world.  I never knew I would find so much support from so many people.  

Earlier today someone said my blog is inspirational.  Made me smile.  A lot.  I never thought I could inspire anyone.  I still don't really think that about myself but to hear someone say that just proves that you can really can overcome anything.  Everyone has their time.  Apparently mine started in January 2013 and, lucky for me, keeps going.  I feel so blessed in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment