Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm Thankful For...Part 3 :)

Well, I made at least one other person cry so let's see if I can be 3 for 3!  Just kidding.  This has actually been really fun.  And it hasn't been as difficult to come up with 93 things as I thought it would be.  Guess that's what happens when you learn how to stop focusing on all of the negative things and bring out all the positive aspects of your life.  I am so thankful I have been able to do that this year and I look forward to continuing my journey the rest of this year and into the future.

63.  My Schur cousins.  Rach and Dan - Although I was older when you were both born, I couldn't have been more excited to finally have some cousins on my dad's side of the family!  I am so lucky to call both of you family and can't believe how quickly you've grown up and become amazing young adults.  Love you both.


64.  My Grandma's engagement ring.  Makes me feel like she's with me every day.
65.  Nail polish.  My feet would look weird without it in the summer.
66.  Candles.  They smell yummy.
67.  Words with Friends.  Keeps me entertained.
68.  My friend Kim.  Hard to believe, but we've known each other for over 10 years now and I love that she is always there for me.  I was blessed to be able to stand up for her at her wedding and watch her marry the love of her life.  And, she is a wonderful mom to an adorable little boy :)

69.  Tinsel.  Makes my Christmas tree look pretty.
70.  Beverly Hills, 90210 Reruns
71.  Friends Reruns
72.  People who tell me I've inspired them - no matter how bizarre it might be...
73.  My Aunt Kathi.  She's my godmother, she's hysterical and she has always been a voice of reason in my life.  I feel lucky to have her as a role model and a friend.

74.  Warm Showers
75.  That I am able to be such a huge part of my nieces and nephew's lives.
76.  Highlighters
77.  My Kindle
78.  My Aunt Ellen.  She's been through so much in her life and yet she always smiles and makes me feel so special whenever I see her or talk to her.  She's a wonderful blessing in my life.

79.  Books
80.  Canker sore medicine (because I have one right now and it really helps)
81.  Nyquil
82.  Antibiotics - I get sick so easily, I feel like I live on these things- but they work!
83.  My Aunt Jacquie.  Probably one of the strongest and most amazing people I know.  Since we didn't live close to my grandparents, we could always count on her to take care of grandma and grandpa and make sure they were okay.  She is one of the biggest blessings my family ever received.


84.  Snow Days
85.  Two Hour Delays
86.  The Ellen Show
87.  Capri workout pants - because I've never been overly fond of shorts.
88.  My friends Erica and Whitney.  Although I don't see them much anymore because of the job change, they have been a big part of my life since I started my career.  They each have amazing families, adorable kids, supportive husbands and are two of the best teachers I know.  Ross is lucky to have both of you!

89.  Text Messages
90.  Email
91.  Flip Flops
92.  10 lb dumbbells because I have no upper body strength :)
93.  Last, but not least, I'm thankful for Renee'.  She'll probably make me do a bunch of push-ups for this but, I'll survive.  I think.  I didn't think someone so genuine and nice existed in this world.  She's done more for me than I ever thought possible.   Or that I thought anyone would want to do for me.   I know she'll say it's all me but, don't let her fool you.  She has pushed me out of my comfort zone in ways no one else could.  She encourages me to try new things and meet new people. We've become friends.  If you've read most of this blog, you know it's not easy for me to meet new people and make new friends.  I know she could probably write a book of "Stupid Questions from Amanda" but I also know she laughs at me and with me.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  I wouldn't have changed my life in the ways I have (and continue to) without her help and friendship.  Thank you doesn't seem like enough.  But, I'll go with it.  For now.

I don't have a picture of me and her so I'll just put my quote here :)

Acknowledging the good you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.

And - because I can't resist sharing this one:

Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past.  Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you get for it, but what you become for it.

Thanks for reading - I'll continue with my story soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment