Monday, December 2, 2013

Happiness Is...

I went to a party on Saturday night and it was amazing to me how many people told me how happy I look.  They said you could see the happiness in my smile and my eyes.  When I look at pictures of myself I can see what they mean.  I've wondered if other people can see it.  To hear right from their mouths, without any prompting, that they can was the best feeling.  So, I thought that might be a good topic for my next entry in my blog.  It is December, the month of the year when we celebrate being happy and enjoy time with family and friends.  So, while I'm sure some of this will be a little silly and might be a little similar to my thankful list, here's what makes me happy:

My nieces and nephew.
Christmas (decorations, music, etc)
Exercise (as long as I'm not sore the next day)
Friendly cashiers
Sales & 30% off coupons at Kohl's
Orange Leaf frozen yogurt
Birthdays
Losing 1/2, 1, 2, 3 lbs or any amount of weight every week
Becoming friends with people who believe in me in ways I never believed in myself
My nieces and mom singing songs for the family
Watching Christmas Vacation to kick off my holiday movie season
Buying Christmas presents for other people
Any meal that doesn't require me to cook
Sliding into a size 12 jeans.
Knowing a size 10 isn't too far off
Getting so much positive feedback from so many people from all walks of life.
Hearing that people enjoy reading my blog
Anytime I get to eat peanut butter
Constantly cleaning out my closet because clothes are getting too big.
Looking at my life and realizing that, in the last 10 months I've changed my life in more ways I could have ever imagined. Thanks to my friend - even though she won't take credit :)  Here's the proof:


Spending time with my family
Annual family vacations to the beach
Realizing that being happy is infectious and can totally rub off on those around you.  Just as someone else's good mood can influence me in so many wonderful ways!
Seeing the world through the eyes of my nieces and nephew.  Their innocence is the greatest gift!

And so much more that I can't think of at the moment :)

A couple of thoughts on being happy:

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters - Audrey Hepburn

Happiness never decreases by being shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment