Friday, October 18, 2013

Enjoying Life

I promised I would keep going with my story.  I enjoy sharing my ups and downs and all the happiness and success I've found in the last 8 months.  So, thank you for reading my blog :)

I don't necessarily want to just recap the week so I'm going to try to think of a theme for the week (or something to that effect).  This week I definitely felt like I had more time to myself because the regular soccer season is over which means I don't go to soccer games a couple of nights a week.  I was curious to see how I would react to having more free time than I had in a long time.  Every day was pretty normal at work this week which, in my field, is always a pleasant surprise.  I am really enjoying getting to know the kids and more staff members at my new school.  Part of the fun of my job is talking to kids one on one and learning about their stories, where they come from and where they hope to go.  I have to say, it's almost more enjoyable and more meaningful now that I've figured out so much about my own life.  I wholeheartedly feel like I am a much better counselor simply because I am so much happier in my own life.  

I've totally been avoiding the gym the last couple of weeks.  To be honest, I get bored and I know I'm going to be stuck inside for most of the winter.  I don't like the cold.  So, since the weather was supposed to be nice the majority of the week, I decided I would take advantage of it as much as I could.  For those of you who read this blog on a regular basis, you know I just did a 5K on Sunday.  I was a little sore in my sides but overall felt good on Monday.  I decided to do a walk jog around a neighborhood I'd never been to.  Nice and flat, just the way I like it :)  I will say, it's kinda fun that I am starting to be able to do more jogging than walking.  So, I enjoyed the sunshine for a little over an hour and the fresh air felt great.  I did some walking and two more walk/jogs throughout the week.

Through all my downtime in the evening this week, I never got bored.  Or felt sorry for myself.  I just enjoyed the quiet time, watched some TV and relaxed.  No, I did not google more recipes...much as Renee' may think that would be a good use of my time.  I will avoid that at all costs because I get so confused!

Thursday was the first tournament game for my brother's soccer team.  Of course, it was the coolest day of the week.  I realized that I wasn't sure I had a coat to wear!  So, when I got home from work, I tried on my winter coat from last year and, let me be honest, it was fun!! :)  I zipped it up and I really think my 5 year old nephew could have fit inside it with me!  Luckily, I tend to keep things I don't need so I found a winter coat from at least 7 years ago and it fit - in a size I never thought I'd wear again!!  What an amazing feeling!  Oh, and I'd lost another pound for a total of 88.  It doesn't seem even remotely possible that 8 months ago I was over 270 pounds, sad, and so exasperated with life.  I am so proud of myself for all of the changes I've 
made.  

I love being in pictures now so I sorta got my nieces to get in one with me:



I was talking to a co-worker one day this week about my weight loss and she said it was hard for her to imagine me as I describe the way I was in January.  She used the word bubbly to describe me.  That just made me smile even more.  No one has ever used my name and the word bubbly in the same sentence!  I love that I am finally allowing the person I always knew I was shine through to those around me.  I enjoy being around people but I can also enjoy my free time.  Such a blessing in ways I can't even begin to put into words.

Piggybacking on an entry from earlier this week - this quote speaks volumes for me the journey I've been on and am continuing to work my way through:

Sometimes you've got to emotionally let go of the things that once meant a lot to you ,so you can move beyond the past and the pains they bring you, and open the next chapter in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment