Sunday, September 1, 2013

Crossing Things off the List :)

So, in addition to changing my nutrition, exercising and losing weight, I was starting to realize how isolated I felt.  In addition to volunteering at the Miracle League Fields when I was able, I wanted to find ways to make some new friends.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family and all the time I spend with them and I have a few amazing friends who have always been there for me.  However, in the past year or so I've been through some rough times which I think contributed to where I found myself in January. However, if you'll remember, meeting new people isn't my greatest skill.

I started small, in my own way.  I continued going to the training group and would talk to my sister in front of some of the other people after the session was over.  That was the best way I could think of to start feeling comfortable around these people.  I also just started trying to talk to more people at work.  Since I was more comfortable with myself, I was a little more willing to open my mouth.  Plus, work was a comfortable place for me so it wasn't too difficult for me to say things to people.  A lot of it was about starting to share my story.  Made me smile.  And it was fun to tell Renee' about my days and people making positive comments to me.

I couldn't believe the Pig was just 10 days away.  My goal that we set back in March was to be down 15 pounds by the time of the half marathon.  I started this next goal at a loss of 22 pounds.  On April 25th, I stepped on the scale and I couldn't believe what I saw (again)!  I had lost another 3 pounds which meant that my total was now 38 pounds - Check that goal off that list!  I was in shock.  I remember back in the beginning of March I thought Renee' was crazy when she suggested that goal.  Turns out, she knew what she was talking about.  In fact, most of the time, she's right.

I was excited to tell her about meeting the goal.  When she responded she said she could see it in the way I was walking, moving and carrying myself.  That meant a lot.  I see myself all the time so it was hard to see a huge difference in myself.  Kept me going when I would hear it from other people.

The other fun part of the end of April - wearing some spring clothes that hadn't fit in a couple of years!  We had a jeans week at work at the end of April / beginning of May and I put on a pair of capris that barely fit 3 weeks earlier - now they were big!!  I couldn't believe it - I really think some of my funnest moments were when I put clothes on and they felt like they were falling off.  Especially because most of them were tight on me last year.

I was actually looking forward to the half marathon the next weekend.  When we registered, I put down that I thought I could finish in about 4.5 hours.  Now, a shorter time was actually becoming a little more realistic!  And I was looking at the possibility of being down 40 pounds by the time of the race.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment