Sunday, September 8, 2013

Research, Goals, Fun Shopping Trips and Lots More :)

The afternoon that I hit my goal of 58 pounds, Renee' called to tell me congrats and to help me figure out a new goal.  It meant so much to me that we really are a team throughout all of this.  Other than family, I don't think I've ever had anyone take such an interest in me as a person.  It was making a huge difference in every aspect of my life.

We decided on 75 pounds by the beginning of September.  Which meant I had to start working on another 18 pounds.  But I was still so motivated.  I hadn't been at this weight in years and I couldn't imagine what hitting 75 pounds would feel like.  When I did the math, and I can't believe I am putting this out there for the world to see, but that would put me at 206 pounds.  So close to being under 200, I couldn't even imagine it.  For anyone trying to do the math, this means I started at 281 pounds.  Definitely the heaviest I had ever been.  Couldn't believe I was now at 223.  I felt amazing!

That weekend I went shopping for some things for vacation.  I wanted some sundresses.  I don't think anyone could describe how excited I was when I was able to fit into a large and found way more stuff than I needed... Such a fun thing to be able to go shopping and find stuff I really want to wear!  Actually, the feeling is kinda indescribable.

I was still working on that goals list.  I ended up going to Barnes and Noble to buy some magazines and try to find some new recipes (my favorite thing) and maybe some workout routines.  I actually did find some stuff for exercise but the recipes were way over my head.  I was actually looking for a cooking for idiots book but I don't think barnes and noble had it... lol

I decided to look up some new parks and make some plans to visit them.  Just go for walks, put myself out in public a little bit more... something I am definitely not the best at.  Since I was starting to jog, I decided I wanted to try a 5K in the fall.  I knew I wouldn't be a runner but I wanted to see if I could walk/jog it.  So, that was on my list of things to do as well.

Throughout a lot of this, I've found that it's often the little things that I notice or that make me smile the most.  That week I went to a local farm with my mom, nephew & niece.  I decided to wear a pair of shorts and a tank top.  I never would have put this pair of shorts on out in public last year.  I put them on - they fit and were actually a little big.  Such an amazing feeling!

This picture is from that day :)



My workouts were starting to become a little more intense.  I was trying to lift a little more weight, do faster reps, etc.  I was actually seeing some muscle starting to develop!

At this point, I was more and more excited for Thursdays.  I loved seeing the progress I was making, whether it was one pound or four.  I had gotten used to, usually when I lost 4 lbs one week, I would lose 1 lb the following week.  My body has always been weird.  I'm not sure anyone could have described how excited I was that day (at the end of June) when I stepped on the scale and saw that I had lost 3 more pounds for a total of 61!!  I literally jumped up and down.

And there were still so many amazing things to look forward to - I could only imagine how much I would be smiling in the weeks to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment