Thursday, September 26, 2013

Enjoying Rare Moments

That Friday was another day I will remember for a long time to come.  It was Friday the 13th, but that's not the reason why.  I had a doctor's appointment for a checkup with a doctor I hadn't seen in over a year.  I was getting weighed and stuff and she saw me and said, 'I hardly recognized you, you're so skinny".  Now, I am not skinny by any means but I am definitely thinner and so much healthier than I ever thought possible.

I actually wasn't dreading this doctor's appointment nor the conversation where we talk about my health and stuff.  Normally I do.  Although BMI isn't the most accurate scale in the world, I almost cried (but then I smiled a lot) when she told me that since January I had taken 10 points off my BMI.  She said that is a huge difference and was really impressed.  She asked what I had been doing and, as I told her, she said it sounds like I am doing all the right things.  What a great feeling.  Actually better than great but I'm not sure I can describe it.  When we were done, she congratulated me on everything and my new direction in life.  Made me smile even more :)

I remember it being a really cool day that Friday so I decided to go to the park for exercise.  I managed to do something for the first time, again.  I jogged a mile 3 separate times and only walked 3 tenths of a mile in between each mile.  I completed each mile in about 12 minutes which made me even more excited.  I was so proud of myself.  I am still not anywhere near being a runner but to be able to do these types of things is such an amazing feeling.

The weekend was pretty boring but I was actually okay with it.  I mean, who doesn't need a little down time every now and then?? There were a couple of different naps that happened that weekend - and I enjoyed each one!

I did have special olympics practice that Saturday and I had to buy a new swimsuit (so fun).  I bought a size I hadn't bought in a very long time, put it on when I got home and loved the way it looked!  I was so confident that, even though I didn't get in the water, I walked around in my swimsuit while directing the kids.  I wasn't embarrassed in the least.  Couldn't even begin to tell you the last time that happened!

I just absolutely love how my mindset has done a complete 180 since January.  I know have Renee' to thank for pushing me and helping me see what is inside of me.  Our friendship is fun and real and I know I wouldn't be where I am without her.  Even though she says its all me... Not sure we'll ever agree on that one but it makes text messages fun to send back and forth at times :)

I'm getting closer to the present.... but don't worry, I'll keep sharing my story - this is really fun for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment