Saturday, September 14, 2013

Process to a New Me Continues :)

It was hard to believe it was almost the end of July.  Summer always flies by!  Especially because I was happy, enjoying life and staying busy!  What a difference that makes!

That Monday was moving day for my sister and brother-in-law so I offered to help my mom with the three kids that day.  The weather wasn't very nice so we found an indoor play area to take the kids to for a couple of hours.  It was sooo much fun.  Believe me, being 67 pounds lighter and healthier makes an enormous difference in having energy and wanting to chase them around.  I was able to swing, go down slides and fit on little kids jungle gyms like never before.  It was a blast!  And by the way, swinging is an awesome leg workout!  Wish I had one at my house...

The next day, I had my final interview for my new job.  In this type of situation, I would normally be unbelievable nervous.  It was kinda strange to me that, although I was still a little nervous (who wouldn't be), I actually felt really confident.  I enjoyed my conversation with the person conducting the interview and just got more and more excited about getting started.  The next day I went down to the school and was able to see my new office and meet a few of the people I would be working with.  I just kept getting happier and happier that I had pursued this job and gotten it!

Now came the strange part... Resigning from my current job and cleaning out my office.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the people I worked with and had a lot of great friends I'm going to miss seeing every day.  But, at the same time, this move just felt right.  I was very much at peace with it.  It took me two days to clean everything out (it was my second home for 8 years after all) and, when I turned in my keys, it was a strange feeling.  But, I was definitely ready for it and felt like I finally had a clean slate and was ready to start my new adventure.

In the midst of all of this, I had gotten sick and went to the doctor.  If you know me, you know I am always sick.  However, this was the first time in almost 5 months that I had been sick!  That's like a record for me.  Since they weigh me every time I go to the doctor, it was fun to see the doctor's reaction to how much weight I'd lost and have a conversation with him about my process.  Since I ended up on a pretty strong antibiotic, I took two days off of working out, especially because the infection was in my lungs.  My body definitely needed it.  That's another piece of advice I can offer to anyone new to this whole lifestyle change thing... listen to your body!

               1.  When you are hungry, eat - just make smarter choices (fruit, veggies, protein, etc)
               2.  If you are sick, don't push yourself with exercising.  However, don't use it as an excuse either.
               3.  If you get hurt, go to the doctor!!  I still see a chiropractor monthly b/c of my back and I believe it has assisted me in staying healthy.

At this point, I only had one week left of my summer vacation and so much that I wanted to squeeze into those final days.... And, I had lost another pound so, all was right with the world.  Probably one of the funnest weeks I'd had all summer was still on the horizon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment